Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appraisal came back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

appraisal came back

The appraisal on the house were wanting to purchase came back today. Came in at the asking price, thats ok right? The major issues they had was 1. the water and furnace were not turned on so they couldnt be checked. The house is vacant , so that is understandable. When we had it inspected, they were both in working condition. so, Im guessing there going to have to be turned back on so they can go in and recheck. and 2) apparently the garage roof needs to be replaced. Hopefully the bank that owns it is willing to negotiate on this. If theyre not, we can figure it out and fix it ourselves. This is an FHA loan. Does anyone know if it has to be a Roofing company of the banks choosing, or if you can hire someone privately? I have a family friend who roofs for a living. Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: appraisal came back

Sorry to hear about the roof. That is going to be an expensive fix. I'm not sure about whether or not you can choose the roofing company, bu I can tell you that the appraiser charged me $60 to go back out and make sure that the seller installed GFI in the kitchen after I had already paid $450.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: appraisal came back

I know many people who do roofing jobs and they say a garage wont be all that expensive. So , I guess we will see.yeah, we had to pay $400 for the apparaisal and were told we'd have to pay $50 more for them to go back out.I am very surprised issues with GFI didnt come up with this inspection. They did in the inspection we had done for ourselves. I thought FHA was so much more strict, and they didnt bring up 90% of the things the other inspection did. weird.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.