Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appraisal time

tag
HomeBuyer13
Established Member

appraisal time

My LO told me on 4/12 that appraisal was ordered last week (which would be the week before she emailed on 4/12) and once that comes in, it will be sent to UW w/ my conditions for final approval, then it will be sent to USDA.  Well, it's now the 18th and I still haven't heard from my LO.  My Realtor had to email her for a status because even the Seller and his realtor are curious about closing.  Does an appraisal take THIS LONG?  Man, I am getting really frustrated at the speed this is going.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Re: appraisal time

This is the breakdown of how long an appraisal takes, from my point of view.

Day 1. You have been ready for an appraisal for two weeks.

Day 2. LO is ready to for an appraisal.

Day 3. LO tells you they're going to order the appraisal.

Day 4. LO requests a check for the appraisal.

Day 4. You bring a check two minutes later, LO sends email to someone to order an appraisal.

Day 5. Tumbleweeds in the wind.
Day 6. Appraisal is scheduled for a week later.

Day 12. Appraiser does the appraisal.

Day 13. LO says it will be two days.

Day 14. Appraiser realizes they missed something and have to go back.

Day 15. LO says it will come back the next day.

Day 16. You drink a lot. 

Day 17. Appraisal finally comes back.

Or at least, that is what it felt like at the time.

Message 2 of 8
HomeBuyer13
Established Member

@Adalen wrote:

This is the breakdown of how long an appraisal takes, from my point of view.

Day 1. You have been ready for an appraisal for two weeks.

Day 2. LO is ready to for an appraisal.

Day 3. LO tells you they're going to order the appraisal.

Day 4. LO requests a check for the appraisal.

Day 4. You bring a check two minutes later, LO sends email to someone to order an appraisal.

Day 5. Tumbleweeds in the wind.
Day 6. Appraisal is scheduled for a week later.

Day 12. Appraiser does the appraisal.

Day 13. LO says it will be two days.

Day 14. Appraiser realizes they missed something and have to go back.

Day 15. LO says it will come back the next day.

Day 16. You drink a lot. 

Day 17. Appraisal finally comes back.

Or at least, that is what it felt like at the time.

I did more drinking and saw more tumbleweeds blowing in the wind than me hearing from my LO.   Lolz, just kidding about the drinking part.  Smiley Very Happy

So far, with UW, this week is going on 5 weeks.  Crazy! Grrr!!!

Message 3 of 8
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

Our took 11 days from the our LO said "appraisal ordered" to the time that we got our report.

Message 4 of 8
HomeBuyer13
Established Member

So my appraisal cam back and it's only valued at $90K.  I was afraid I would run into this issue.  Smiley Sad

The home was listed at $89,900, but I offered $96,040.  The seller bought the house for like $44K and flipped it.

I asked my realtor to offer the seller $90K and still offer the $2885 in closing costs like they previously did.

Oh man, I hope they accept!  It's not like they'll be losing any money if there would have been another offer on the table.

Message 5 of 8
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

I'm sure they'll take it, depending on how much the flip was, it seems like a nice profit.  That's always a risk when bidding over asking.  They probably realized that the house would not appraise over $90K.

Message 6 of 8
HomeBuyer13
Established Member

@Adalen wrote:

I'm sure they'll take it, depending on how much the flip was, it seems like a nice profit.  That's always a risk when bidding over asking.  They probably realized that the house would not appraise over $90K.

Yea, I hope so.  It won't make any sense if they reject my offer because if they do and someone else puts in another offer,  I think it will be way less than ours, so I think I am their best bet.  I'll post an update after I hear something back.  Hopefully, by the end of today.  Oh boy!

Message 7 of 8
Startfromwithin
Contributor

@HomeBuyer13 wrote:

So my appraisal cam back and it's only valued at $90K.  I was afraid I would run into this issue.  Smiley Sad

The home was listed at $89,900, but I offered $96,040.  The seller bought the house for like $44K and flipped it.

I asked my realtor to offer the seller $90K and still offer the $2885 in closing costs like they previously did.

Oh man, I hope they accept!  It's not like they'll be losing any money if there would have been another offer on the table.

I'm dealing with the same thing.

I submitted the offer at 'asking' ($234,900), but I (and my Agent) believe it's a bit overpriced. The Seller was reluctant to give me any Seller's Assist, but finally agreed to it. SO... if it appraises under his asking price, then what?? He barely wanted to give me any Assist, so I really don't think he is going to lower the asking price, and I don't have much extra money to pay the difference.

Ouch!! I'm worried more about the appraisal than anything else.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.