Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apprasial review

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

apprasial review

Im waiting for countrywide to get the apprasial from their company, and its been over two weeks.  My lender says this is the last step for my loan.  Anyone ever heard of an apprasial taking this long?  Should i be worried?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: apprasial review

There could be numerous issues including but not limited to:

hard to find realistic recent comps

appraisal incorrect (wrong info or the inhouse appriasal review team does not agree with the appraisal)

2nd appraisal ordered

Appraiser is busy and has not sent full documents in yet

Should you be worried?  A little, but not over the top.  Just keep in contact with them and see if they will tell you what the problem is.  If they tell you it has not been recieved yet it may be no big deal.  If they say there is a problem with the appraisal they recieved then it might be a problem.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Countrywide is just saying that they havent recieved the documents yet.
Message 3 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Countrywide uses appraisal management companies (LandSafe) that take forever - soon it will be the norm for everyone.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to be proactive and call landsafe myself.  They told me that my apprasial was due on 3/24- however my apprasial was randomly selected for an audit. (go figure)  This usually takes 24-72 hours.  That was

wed,thurs,fri.  Today is monday.  Should be hearing from them soon.Smiley Happy

6/30/2008  xpn-n/a efx-n/a tuc-n/a

3/30/2009  xpn-631 efx-625 tuc-652

Message 5 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Nice going, hopefully you hear something soon.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.