Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorized user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

authorized user

quick question wife and i have been rebuilding, im an AU on 2 of here credit cards, i have none of my own, we pay our bills together etc, do mortgage companies shun on AU's or should i be fine ?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: authorized user

I believe if it is a spouse, and you pay the bill you are ok. I read that in the Fannie Mae lender guide.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

just got 2 of my own to be sure 

Message 3 of 9
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

It's always best to have your own anyhow, just use them wisely Smiley Happy
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 4 of 9
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Although, hopefully your not going for a mortgage loan soon. Mortgage lenders don't like to see new credit prior to a mortgage application, especially credit cards. It's best to have no new credit/inquiries for 6 months prior to mortgage application.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

we got into some credit card trouble about 4 yrs ago and ended up struggling to pay them all off and never got another one theory was if i cant pay cash i dont need it well never thinking about credit score, and you know how the rest goes aka rebuilding 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cartwrna wrote:
Although, hopefully your not going for a mortgage loan soon. Mortgage lenders don't like to see new credit prior to a mortgage application, especially credit cards. It's best to have no new credit/inquiries for 6 months prior to mortgage application.

nothing until july or august why i asked now

and we only have 2 cards ea nothing extravagant 

Message 7 of 9
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I have around 10 cards, 2 is swell. 3 revolvers seems to be what FICO likes to see though.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a 3rd revolving account thanks 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.