Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto loan pfd/gw

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

auto loan pfd/gw

• Hello everyone.  i'm trying to apply for a mortgage in the next 2-3 months, and have been trying to clean up my credit for the past 9 months in preperation for this. 
  • My problem is that i co-signed a car loan with my boyfriend in 2004 (he's now currently my ex).  the car was originally for me, but since i was in school, he decided to purchase me a car, which is why i co-signed.  his car broke down a few months later, and we shared my car, until he eventually took it altogether.  i tried to get my name off the loan, but was told he couldn't qualify on his own, and there was nothing i could do legally (i sought an attorney's help).  anyways, he was in the navy at the time, and the payments were being withdrawn directly from his paycheck.  anyways, my mother and grandmother start calling me, telling me that the loan people are calling them, telling them that i owe them money, and there is a warrant for my arrest for theft of the vehicle, if i don't tell them where he is at.  I sought an attorney again, who  by the way was very rude and said, well pay them the money, you owe it!! which wasnt the point, my point was, is it legal for them to call my mother and grandmother and threaten me, or even tell them this type of information?  i dont even know where he lives, or where he was at.  when i finally got in touch with him, i asked him, whats going on, why haven't you paid? he had been discharged from the navy, and was unemployed, but said he'd just made a payment to get the car payments up to date. 
  •  This is my problem,. when i looked on my credit reports, i see the car is being reported as a charge-off , they reported 30,60,90,120,and 150 day lates january-june 2007, but july-jan 08 as current.  the car was supposed to be paid of dec 2007.  anyways, long story short, has anyone else been in this position, and what have you been able to do to get the lates off and the status changed to paid?  i don't mind paying, but given their behavior in the past, i just want to have all my information together, before i have to call or write them.  thanks for any advice.  sorry, this was soolong
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.