Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bank statements

tag
Mona_75
New Contributor

bank statements

How many times are you required to show bank statements during loan process? I applied and showed 60 days of bank statements at the end of March. The estimated completion date for our home is August 30th. Will they ask for another 60 days of statements? I have a NSF this month that I'm worried about. I forgot about my gym membership draft :-(
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bank statements

Totally depends on the lender. 

My two cents:  If I was the underwriter and I asked for 60 days of statements for the pre-approval, then I would for sure want updated statements for the 60 days prior to closing to make sure everything was similar to the first set of statements.

Message 2 of 5
namvet
Established Contributor

@Mona_75 wrote:
How many times are you required to show bank statements during loan process? I applied and showed 60 days of bank statements at the end of March. The estimated completion date for our home is August 30th. Will they ask for another 60 days of statements? I have a NSF this month that I'm worried about. I forgot about my gym membership draft :-(

Yes you will be required to update your bank statements as well as income (ck stubs).  Don't worry about 1 nsf check.  A letter of explanation may be required but no big deal. 

Message 3 of 5
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I only had to do one set of 60 days but my timeframe was much shorter than yours.  With a March to August timeframe I would fully expect to have to send in a new set.

Message 4 of 5
Mona_75
New Contributor

OK...thanks everyone. I think we finalize everything 60 days before closing.. Maybe that will mean that I show May and June and April can be omitted. I will go ahead and prepare to write a LOE just in case though. Thanks everyone

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.