Regular Contributor
dabolts_619

bofa??

Has anybody used Bank of America for their purchase???
Frequent Contributor
Kozmo

Re: bofa??

[ Edited ]

Well,

Everyone on here will have opinions on BOA. Most people tend to be ok with them. I for one am not. In my line of work I deal with them multiple times a week and I can tell you their CS in the mortgage dept is awful. From "losing" documents to not returning calls... It's awful. Especially for people who really need assistance.

But that's just my .02

I'm sure many others have had positive experiences.

Regular Contributor
dabolts_619

Thanks for replying, I only ask because I'm buying a manufactured home and my options are limited. Would Wells Fargo be a better to go with???
New Visitor
Gohogs

Just closed with B of A on an investment property refi, could not have went smoother, closed weeks ahead of target. 

Contributor
elleng81

My husband's mortgage was sold to them in 2006, so no experience with purchasing with them... but from our experience I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. We have had problems with how they post our payments (paying extra each month to principle), customer service, and incorrect payments for our taxes. I cant wait until we wont have to deal with them ever again.
Contributor
mygoal750

I refinanced with BofA about 3 yrs ago.  My original loan was with Countryside, which was sold/acquired by BofA. The refi closing took 5 months!  The loan officer I worked with was absolutely terrific...always kept me updated, returned calls, jumped in to assist when he could, etc.  However, the closer I worked with was terrible.  I had to re-fax several items, and then when we were ready to close, they didn't review my escrow account so that delayed closing for another two weeks.  But, since then, I haven't had any problems with their servicing.  I think their website is a little limited, but user friendly.  I usually pay extra toward principal, too, and haven't had any problems with that. 

Regular Contributor
DesertLife

dabolts_619 wrote:
Thanks for replying, I only ask because I'm buying a manufactured home and my options are limited. Would Wells Fargo be a better to go with???

The customer service representative from Bank of America mortgage dept. today informed me that per their new guidelines they are not currently lending on manufactured homes. I currently have my loan with them for my Mfd home, however, I was attempting to refinance with them and that's how I found out this information.

Starting Score: EX: 717; EQ 723; TU 732
2014 Current Score: PenFed FICO NextGen 781 (5/14); Discover FICO08 790 (7/14); EX 748 (4/14); EQ 737 (4/14); TU 761 (5/14)
Goal Score: All 775+
Available Credit: $100K+
Gardening Since: April 17 2014
Regular Contributor
dabolts_619

so should I try chase, wells any recommendations????

Regular Contributor
DesertLife

dabolts_619 wrote:

so should I try chase, wells any recommendations????

Wells was recommended as one to look into by another lender.

Starting Score: EX: 717; EQ 723; TU 732
2014 Current Score: PenFed FICO NextGen 781 (5/14); Discover FICO08 790 (7/14); EX 748 (4/14); EQ 737 (4/14); TU 761 (5/14)
Goal Score: All 775+
Available Credit: $100K+
Gardening Since: April 17 2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+