Regular Contributor

bofa??

Has anybody used Bank of America for their purchase???
Frequent Contributor

Re: bofa??

[ Edited ]

Well,

Everyone on here will have opinions on BOA. Most people tend to be ok with them. I for one am not. In my line of work I deal with them multiple times a week and I can tell you their CS in the mortgage dept is awful. From "losing" documents to not returning calls... It's awful. Especially for people who really need assistance.

But that's just my .02

I'm sure many others have had positive experiences.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for replying, I only ask because I'm buying a manufactured home and my options are limited. Would Wells Fargo be a better to go with???
New Visitor

Just closed with B of A on an investment property refi, could not have went smoother, closed weeks ahead of target. 

Contributor

My husband's mortgage was sold to them in 2006, so no experience with purchasing with them... but from our experience I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. We have had problems with how they post our payments (paying extra each month to principle), customer service, and incorrect payments for our taxes. I cant wait until we wont have to deal with them ever again.
Contributor

I refinanced with BofA about 3 yrs ago.  My original loan was with Countryside, which was sold/acquired by BofA. The refi closing took 5 months!  The loan officer I worked with was absolutely terrific...always kept me updated, returned calls, jumped in to assist when he could, etc.  However, the closer I worked with was terrible.  I had to re-fax several items, and then when we were ready to close, they didn't review my escrow account so that delayed closing for another two weeks.  But, since then, I haven't had any problems with their servicing.  I think their website is a little limited, but user friendly.  I usually pay extra toward principal, too, and haven't had any problems with that. 

Regular Contributor

dabolts_619 wrote:
Thanks for replying, I only ask because I'm buying a manufactured home and my options are limited. Would Wells Fargo be a better to go with???

The customer service representative from Bank of America mortgage dept. today informed me that per their new guidelines they are not currently lending on manufactured homes. I currently have my loan with them for my Mfd home, however, I was attempting to refinance with them and that's how I found out this information.

Starting Score (2015): EX: 748; EQ 737; TU 761
2014 Current Score: Discover FICO08 803 (1/15); EQ BE FICO 817 (1/15); PenFed FICO NextGen 799 (12/14)
Goal Score: All 775+ Available Credit: $100K+ Utilization: 10%
Gardening Since: Sept 2014
Regular Contributor

so should I try chase, wells any recommendations????

Regular Contributor

dabolts_619 wrote:

so should I try chase, wells any recommendations????

Wells was recommended as one to look into by another lender.

Starting Score (2015): EX: 748; EQ 737; TU 761
2014 Current Score: Discover FICO08 803 (1/15); EQ BE FICO 817 (1/15); PenFed FICO NextGen 799 (12/14)
Goal Score: All 775+ Available Credit: $100K+ Utilization: 10%
Gardening Since: Sept 2014
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.