Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i get a construction loan with my self employment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

can i get a construction loan with my self employment

i really want to get a construction loan for about 80k. i am self employed and my bank uses my checking account for proof of income. my fico is rising past 582 and have a monthly income of 3400. i am wondering if this loan is even possible being as how i would like it asap. what interest rates would i pay and what would i need down?
i have a small mortgage now about 16k and the payment is 244 per month. i plan to keep this loan and rent out the property for more income and payment.

Message Edited by rae1 on 04-02-2008 08:14 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can i get a construction loan with my self employment

I am  nowhere near a mortgage expert, but I have read that if you are self-employed they usually want at least two years of docs.
Message 2 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rae, I am self-employed and had to provide two-years T/Rs and YTD P&L.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am wondering what type of fico you had. what were your rates and was it a local bank? thanks!!!!!!!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are planning to go stated then you are going to need a minimum of 680.  You will need to get something that proves that you are self employed for 2 years.  I was going to get a construction loan stated but i found a foreclosed home and i am buying that instead.  Good luck
Message 5 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I have a jumbo mtg at a local bank. My rate is 30 yr. 6.1% for $620M. My middle score was 677.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.