Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clear to close and new collection on reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: clear to close and new collection on reports

I contacted the CRAs, experian already had removed it as did equifax. Transunion had not yet deleted it and I disputed it, so I'm sending them my deletion letter but in the mean time it is excluding it in my credit scoring so in worst case senario if they do pull my report again I can provide my LO with evidence that it is a legitimate dispute and not an attempt to inaccurately inflate my score.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

do keep us updated I'm with Veterans United and after reading the beware post I got nervous...I'm in the process of looking for a home now and I'm hoping I have no hiccups like this since I have cleaned up my credit but u never know what may surface from the past...so this post will be very beneficial 

Message 12 of 21
_NERD
Established Contributor

This is blasphemy. Don't check out any books from that library anymore. Or any libraries in the county either.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

An update for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation... Veterans United never did a second pull of my credit. After contacting the collection agency and doing a pay to delete it took the CRA's about a week to get the info off my credit reports, expect TU, which took about 1.5 weeks. We did signing on Monday and we are funded today and our documents will be with the County Recorder this morning. 

Also, I totally do recommend VU. They have been very prompt, responsive and easy to work with it. No horror story here, they have been awesome!
Message 15 of 21
driftless
Valued Contributor

I am glad that this thread has a happy ending.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 17 of 21
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on your very smooth closing!  

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

congratulations op.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is such a welcomed post I am using them and my file just went to processing I'm hoping everything goes smooth thanks for the update

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.