Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing costs

tag
mec84
New Contributor

closing costs

So it looks like im getting closer to buy my home.  Just waiting for Resurgent/lvnv to update a collections to "paid"  since they would not remove.  oh well.  So my question are closing costs the same for a house with a real estate company and a house for sale by owner?  maybe its a dumb question but i have heard both ways?  any input?  thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: closing costs

Yes, the closing costs for you as the buyer are from three sources: 1) lender fees and 2) government fees and 3) third party fees.  Third party fees include the survey, title costs, settlement fees. All these fees are based on the amount you borrow for the most part. A few of the fees are based on the purchase price (transfer taxes charged by the county is an example).

Seller pays the Realtor UNLESS you have signed a buyers agreement with the Realtor to represent you and for you to pay a fee. That is relatively rare.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.