cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing next week - lowest score (TU) dropped 30 points - help!!

tag
bethrn99
Established Member

closing next week - lowest score (TU) dropped 30 points - help!!

I am closing on my mortgage on 3/8/11. My scores were TU - 630, EQ - 646, EX - 650- Lender pull on 2/9/11. I received an alert from Myfico on 2/27/11 that my TU score had changed from what it was on 2/7/11 (637) to 607. the reasons given were that 2 credit cards reported small increases - one was less then $50, but that card also had a credit limit increase from $285 to $1500 and one was an increase of a little over $100. would this make my score go down that much?  These cards both report in the middle of the month. What I did next was to pay down my 2 other cards that report at the end of the month so that they both now have about a $30 balance. Will this bring the score back down?  By the way - It looks like only the TU score went down, the other only had a 2 point change. I check my scores on Myfico and on Transunions site (FAKO). Both sites reported the decrease in TU but other scores were stable.  Will my lender care  that one score went down- my middle score is still good?  Please help - thank you!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gagum129
Regular Contributor

Re: closing next week - lowest score (TU) dropped 30 points - help!!

I am about to go through the home buying process myself. Is your lender suppose to pull your scores again? I would have thought if you have a closing date you have already satisfied all of their requirements.

Starting Score: 582
Current Score:
Equifax 684 MyFico 10/10/11
Transunion 659 lender pull 7/6/11
Experian 690 lender pull 7/6/11

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
bethrn99
Established Member

I talked to my realtor today - she is in the same office as my lender - and I asked her about a re-pull of my credit. I just applied for the loan on 2/9/11 and they did a hard pull 2/9/11 and then a soft pull on 2/15/11. She said that they will pull it again just before closing to make sure nothing changed. I was really hoping that it wouldn't get pulled again especially since they just pulled it less then a month ago.

Message 3 of 6
mauve
Valued Contributor

don't they use your mid score anyway?

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
bethrn99
Established Member

Yes, they do use the mid score - I was just worried that they would be concerned because one of the scores was lower.

Message 5 of 6
sleephla541
Regular Contributor

I'm about to close on 3/24 and my LO has repeatedly reminded me that I'll have my credit run again right before we close. Its basically so you don't get a bunch of credit that may hinder the outcome. Best of luck to you!
TU: 752, EQ: 761, EX: 745
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.