Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

closing?

fha closing question?

!!My wife applied for a fha plus loan and got it !!! the question is the house will be in my wife name and not mine but they used my income and verified my employment , so i was wondering right before closing i got a new job taking way less than i was making due to child care , are they going to verify my employment agian even though im not actually signing anything nor is my name going to be on anything they just asked what i make ~???? please help?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: closing?

If you are not on the loan itself they should not need to.

Message 2 of 5
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

I think it may depend on the state your in.  

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 3 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Hmmmm ... your income but her credit used to qualify for an FHA mortgage? If your income was used, you would be on the mortgage application AND the loan. What's missing from this scenario? Something does not compute...

Message 4 of 5
LynGene
New Contributor

I don't know about the loan & your income.... I will say that we were told that my debts would be included on my husband's debt to income ratio for an FHA.  I believe that was because we are in a community property state, though.  When we did a refi in his name only, I had to be there to sign as I was to be on the deed.  I also think I signed something that acknowledged that he was creating a loan or something to that effect along the way. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.