Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused on pre-qualify v. pre-approved

tag
alyssamarie
Regular Contributor

Re: confused on pre-qualify v. pre-approved

Thanks everyone, that's reassuring. As for income, she just put down exactly what was on her w2, and she has no other monthly debts or anything so I don't think it should be too complicated to verfiy the information that we gave them.

So now the next step is getting a down payment!

Discover It $1k | Chase Freedom $1.2k | Barclay Apple $1.7k | Target $1k |TJX Rewards $1k | Walmart $900 | Macy's $800 | American Eagle $750 | VS $750 | LOFT $500 | Express $350 | Cap1 Sec. $200 |

AU: Amex BCP $5k | Barclaycard Arrival $3k | Amazon Visa $2k | Chase Freedom $2k | Discover It $1.5k

Gardening as of 02/04/14
Current TU FICO 701 | Goal 1: 700✓ met on 2/18/14 | Goal 2: 720

Message 11 of 14
alyssamarie
Regular Contributor

This post is a little old, but I just wanted to update that my parents closed on their house this past Friday! My mom didn't start rebuilding her credit until February of this year after a bk in 2010, so we were really happily surpised that she was able to get to this point in less than a year! 

Discover It $1k | Chase Freedom $1.2k | Barclay Apple $1.7k | Target $1k |TJX Rewards $1k | Walmart $900 | Macy's $800 | American Eagle $750 | VS $750 | LOFT $500 | Express $350 | Cap1 Sec. $200 |

AU: Amex BCP $5k | Barclaycard Arrival $3k | Amazon Visa $2k | Chase Freedom $2k | Discover It $1.5k

Gardening as of 02/04/14
Current TU FICO 701 | Goal 1: 700✓ met on 2/18/14 | Goal 2: 720

Message 12 of 14
justrock
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to the family.  I closed Friday also along with someone else on the forum.  Must be a big rush this time of year to get loans closed for their year end totals!!!!

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@justrock wrote:

Congrats to the family.  I closed Friday also along with someone else on the forum.  Must be a big rush this time of year to get loans closed for their year end totals!!!!

True that! The local division of the national builder for whom I work will be closing 92 transactions [four of them are mine] in the month of November!! November is the end of our fiscal year. It is also a great time to buy when companies are in their final push to seal those numbers for the fiscal year.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.