Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit report for NACA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit report for NACA

hi. I have an appointment with an Naca workshop soon and am wondering if I would be able to buy my own credit report or will NACA insist on running my credit (hard inquiry) because honestly I'd much rather pay $50 than have another hard inquiry on my reports. thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cmony787
Regular Contributor

Re: credit report for NACA

NACA will run your credit and they will not take a report that you furnish.

They will need that information downloaded into thier system to review the tradelines that you have and help determine your monthly obligations and ulimately DTI calculations.  This prevents applicants from being able to manipulate reports and keeps the integrity of the application process in place...this would be common for all lenders and not exclusive to NACA.

If you are shopping around for lenders, I can appreciate you wanting to keep as high a credit score as possible, but your credit score has no bearing on NACA qualification, so don't worry about another hard inquiry or two hitting your reportsif you are committed to going with them.

I went through the entire NACA process and closed on my home in May, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit report for NACA

Hello rendanna16,

cmony787 is exactly right and explained it extremely well.  Neither NACA nor any other lender will accept a credit report you furnish.

Tim Trumble

Online Operations, NACA

ttrumble@naca.com

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.