Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit reports in mortgage apps

tag
granny031350
Established Contributor

credit reports in mortgage apps

I know they use the mid score.  Today my scores are TU/631  Experian 614 and Equifax 642. (myfico) I am applying in August and will have more cc debt pared down which will help raise the scores.  However my question is that my Experian report is the worst.  They refuse to clean up anything and customer service is rude.  All my bad stuff is discharged in my BK and so states on all my reports.  Experian however has decided to report every late ever made along with the IIB listing.  Both Equifax and TU do not do that at all.

So back to my question:

right now my mid score would be TU at 631.  Will the LO look at only that report and pick it apart or will they look at all 3 knowing the only score that counts in the mid one?

Also B of A wants a 660 for no closing cost.  Think if I pay down my cc debt I might be able to get it up there?  I owe about 3000 out of 5500 in cc debt right now.  Have been working on it and have it down already but know I have a longer way to go. 

thx in advance all.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: credit reports in mortgage apps

They will pull what they call a tri-merged report and will review each CRA when working on the mortgage. Before you app make sure you ask which company they use to get their report from. As I stated previously in another thread. Innovis is notorious for having stale TU data in there reports.
Message 2 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

all three reports are used for qualifying. we throw out the top and bottom score and use the mid score just for pricing.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

chartley3 wrote:
They will pull what they call a tri-merged report and will review each CRA when working on the mortgage. Before you app make sure you ask which company they use to get their report from. As I stated previously in another thread. Innovis is notorious for having stale TU data in there reports.

dont worry about innovis.
lenders dont use their data

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 7
granny031350
Established Contributor

well then as long as the accounts state IIB then it should be ok? 
Message 5 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

granny031350 wrote:
well then as long as the accounts state IIB then it should be ok? 

Yep!
Retired Lender
Message 6 of 7
Dgimple
New Contributor

BOA quoted you a 660 score for the no fee/closing cost mortgage?  Last month when I spoke w/ a LO she told me the mid score needed to be 680.  Yesterday the same LO told me they had moved that number up to 720.  I wonder if BOA has different numbers for different areas of the country.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.