Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit score question

tag
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: credit score question

Well Frank, believe us or not. It really doesn't matter. What DOES matter is listening to the bull you are being fed WILL leave you houseless.

EVERY single time I have pulled my scores from here, they have matched my mortgage lenders PERFECTLY! I mortgage shopped in October, and we checked with 4 different lenders. Now, we are talking about pulling 6 scores (me and hubby) and 4 different lenders. Thats 24 different scores that ALL MATCHED PERFECTLY.

Now, I DO know some lenders use a bit of a different scoring system, but not as drastic as you are seeing. Keep searching and asking questions, and I promise you the truth will be seen.

http://www.mbda.gov/?bucket_id=131&content_id=2287&section_id=3

What is the FICO Score and what factors are considered?

One of the most common credit scoring models is the Fair, Isaac and Co. (FICO) score used virtually by all major mortgage lenders to evaluate the credit worthiness of applicants. Your FICO score is available upon request by the applicant.

The FICO score is used by many lenders as a basis for accepting or rejecting applications and setting rates and fees. FICO scores range from 450 to 850 points. To be considered "A" paper, your score needs to be 670 or higher.

Below are the weights and factors assigned to different credit history factors used for the FICO score:

Message Edited by WannaHouse on 01-31-2009 01:10 AM

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit score question

Go to the other forums and blogs and read them. They might disagree on a lot of things but you will find they all agree on this subject.

We're really not Koolaid drinkers, just people who have spent thousands of hours working on our credit. Good luck on your quest for understanding, keep an eye open for the Holy Grail, 

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.