Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dating of old credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

dating of old credit

I  had a mobile home reposessed back in spring of 2001 when I was divorced that I thought would be off of my credit in 2008.  However, I have checked the dates and on experian and transunion it was showing an updated date in 2007.  I didnt declare bankruptcy and the home was resold, but apparently the difference in sale to me and resell is whats on my credit.  When I disputed that this should still be on my credit, after affecting me for over 7 years, I was advised by the collection agency, (was originally through greentree, then green point, then sold to dynamic systems, that they can keep it on forever, it was reopened and listed as such in may 2001, and "verified" through experian, the only agency that still has it on, that it will stay on through 2011.  How can they keep it on for so long?  I am past the state statuatory date to sue me for this debt.  My current credit scores are  tu:665;eq 681 and ex 686.  Thanks for any advice you can give!  Samantha

Message Edited by strugglingartist on 04-02-2008 09:04 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: dating of old credit

Hi struggling. You need to know for sure what your DOFD is. They cannot keep it on your reports perpetually. There is a CRTP for delinquencies like this and they are to fall off 7-7.5 years from DOFD. The update is likely due to a dispute or the CA just updating the records (which is bringing the "pain" forward in your FICO score).

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.