Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default on a va loan.????????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

default on a va loan.????????

If i defaulted on a va loan, will this ruin my chances on getting an fha or usda loan in the future. If anybody knows i would love to hear if they were able to get one. I had a foreclosure years ago that was va guranteed. I want to buy another home. Am i doomed? I ask this as a mortgage broker told me he thought i could never get a government backed loan again unless i repay the va. This was included in my bankruptcy that also happened at the same time so i dont see how i could even pay it back. Its not my debt legally anymore?
Message Edited by rob35fha on 05-28-2009 05:10 PM
Message Edited by rob35fha on 05-28-2009 05:19 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: default on a va loan.????????

The loan officer doesnt realize that the answer lies with your eligibility and caivrs

call another loan officer

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: default on a va loan.????????

Thanx for the reply. The broker said that i wouldnt be able to get by caivrs. He hadnt checked but pretty much said it was pointless. I have gotten my credit scores up in the 680 mid score. I reestablished some credit with a visa card and have waited 3 years since the actual sale of my old property only to be told that it wont happen. Dont really know what to do but find another loan officer. Your advice is appreiciated.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.