Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deferment or forbearance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

deferment or forbearance?

I am currently trying to buy a Home with an FHA loan. The loan company request that I have my school Loans defered. It's easier for me to put my school loans under forbearance. Will the underwriter of the loan Accept a Forbearance instead of a difered school loan???? please help.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Re: deferment or forbearance?

@Anonymous wrote:
I am currently trying to buy a Home with an FHA loan. The loan company request that I have my school Loans defered. It's easier for me to put my school loans under forbearance. Will the underwriter of the loan Accept a Forbearance instead of a difered school loan???? please help.

^^^^^^

That is very specific, ask the lender s/he would be the best person to see what they'll accept.

Message 2 of 4
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

im also interested in this theory. a mortgage counselor told me i could put my loans in forbearance and "save" the monthly payment which is only 300/mo but how would this look to  a loan officer??

C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My lender told me that forbearance pretty much meant that I couldn't afford to pay so they had ti be in deferrment; however, my school told me that the loans would be put in an in school deferrment but some would be in forbearance for the sake of having the same due dat....if that made any dense. So pretty much what happened is some of my loans go into repayment on Sept 30 2016 and others in December 2016. The December loans will be in deferrment until the first payment is due. The Sept payments will be in deferment until the first payment is due and then in forbearance until the December payments are do so that I don't have my payments on different dates. So far, the LO said that was fine.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.