Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

did i just screw up badly?

tag
noobafterbk
Contributor

did i just screw up badly?

ok, so wife and i have been.working toward a.mortgage this April which.will be 2 years post BK7, payment hx is excellent scores in 680 range, and then went to pay my rent this month and used the wrong account and now have a late rent payment...i cannot believe i made such a stupid mistake...i didnt miss payment because we didnt have the money i.used online payment system and added the wrong account number which is not.my regular account. have i really screwed up our chances of a mortgage, my wife is so angry with me..... any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. we have a good relationship with the rental company and we have perfect hx until now.....urrrgh feel so foolish what a way to start 2016
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: did i just screw up badly?

Sorry, I have no clue how to deal with it but,  If it were me... I would be at my rental co's office at first light begging to take this extra $$$ (whatever amount works) to remove the late from reports.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@noobafterbk wrote:
ok, so wife and i have been.working toward a.mortgage this April which.will be 2 years post BK7, payment hx is excellent scores in 680 range, and then went to pay my rent this month and used the wrong account and now have a late rent payment...i cannot believe i made such a stupid mistake...i didnt miss payment because we didnt have the money i.used online payment system and added the wrong account number which is not.my regular account. have i really screwed up our chances of a mortgage, my wife is so angry with me..... any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. we have a good relationship with the rental company and we have perfect hx until now.....urrrgh feel so foolish what a way to start 2016

All isn't lost friend. When was your rent due date and when did you pay? You can always try and contact the rental company and ask for forgiveness. And in some cases, rent isn't really considered "late" until 30 days without payment. Explain your situation and the importance of a clean rental history and it should work out. Who knows, maybe your rental history won't even be checked when you apply for the mortgage.

Message 3 of 8
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@noobafterbk wrote:

Hi Noobafterbk,

Two things. 1) It will only be a problem if your rent was over 30 days late. 2) It may not matter even if you were over 30 days late as long as the "findings" from the automated underwriting system (AUS) doesn't call for a 12 month verification of rent history (VOR). The down side here is if your loan has to be manualy underwritten it will be mandatory to have a VOR at which point the late rent payment would be problematic.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 4 of 8
noobafterbk
Contributor

it was due by the 3rd, so i made a payment on the 2nd but accidently used my old bank account which i closed when consolidating everything in prep for mortgage app. So i realized on the 6th and immediately made a payment and paid the $100 late fee. So i was three days late, so annoyed with myself.
Message 5 of 8
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@noobafterbk wrote:
it was due by the 3rd, so i made a payment on the 2nd but accidently used my old bank account which i closed when consolidating everything in prep for mortgage app. So i realized on the 6th and immediately made a payment and paid the $100 late fee. So i was three days late, so annoyed with myself.

Hey man you have nothing to be annoyed about except the extra $100 you had to pay. This is not going to matter when it comes to getting your mortgage.

CAIVRS Expert.
Message 6 of 8
noobafterbk
Contributor

i really hope so, thank you for your response, now i have to try and make good with my wife Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

You're welcome & good luck with the wife!Smiley Very Happy

CAIVRS Expert.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.