Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute comments removed

tag
faiths13
Established Member

dispute comments removed

is it better to go throug the CRA's or the CA's to get comments removed about a collection being in dispute? I read the long thread about getting help with Experian removing a disputed comment, but I saw some said they called the CRA and some said they hadto call the CA.

Also, how do I know if the CRA is posting the comment or the CA? I have a medical collection that is reporting to all 3 CRA's and I disputed it online in February and it came back as verified.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
JonRun
Regular Contributor

Re: dispute comments removed

Have you tried Pay For Deletes? If you can get them to agree to that, then you won't need to have the dispute comments removed. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 17
faiths13
Established Member

no, it is something that is dropping off in less than a year.

Message 3 of 17
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I did a rapid rescore to get mine removed and it went quick, some of the trade lines I had in dispute went away during the process too. 2 collection accounts.

Message 4 of 17
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

I called all 3 bureaus to have mine removed and they did it right then.  Just had to wait about 24 hours for everything to update.  If there is anything that the CA or OC put on the account though, you have to go through them to get it removed, but I'd start with the bureaus just because they're a 3rd party and it might make life a little easier.

Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 17
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

@LondonMassey wrote:

I called all 3 bureaus to have mine removed and they did it right then.  Just had to wait about 24 hours for everything to update.  If there is anything that the CA or OC put on the account though, you have to go through them to get it removed, but I'd start with the bureaus just because they're a 3rd party and it might make life a little easier.

I did the same thing, called all 3 bureaus and told them i want all comments removed from all XXXX accounts lol.... took them a couple hours for mine to report correctly....I was able to even get them to removed a comment put on there by a CA .... just depends on the person you get i guess Smiley Tongue

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 6 of 17
Klesko
Regular Contributor

I am still trying to get one off TU on my report. I called TU and they disputed the dispute comments and one fell off but the other did not. It was for a hooters card which I IIB. I called Merrick which owns the card and they have no record of me so they could not help me.

So I am kinda stuck. I disputed the dispute and it came back verified and I called the card holder and they cant help me.

I need to get this comment removed within the next 10 or so days.

Any suggestions?

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 7 of 17
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you need to dispute it and tell them the bank doesnt know who you are so how can it be verified.

Message 8 of 17
Megacab07
Established Member

They told us the same thing at TU but I refused to dispute the comment because we've been dealing with that collection company for months and they are jerks. Who are you talking to when you call TU? We called twice and they kept referring us to customer service, even when we asked for the "Special Handling Dept". We finally figured out that you have to ask for a "US Representative in the Special Handling Dept". The man we talked to there said it would be removed within 24 hours so hopefully that's the case. Maybe try that if you haven't already. Experian is next on our list.

Good luck!!

Message 9 of 17
Klesko
Regular Contributor

Thanks I will try that tonight.
Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.