cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone know a lender who will use the BK as the 3 year date instead of the foreclosure

tag
custombusa
Established Member

does anyone know a lender who will use the BK as the 3 year date instead of the foreclosure

My home was included in my BK and my  foreclosure date is 5 months after my BK discharge date. My question is does anyone know of a lender who uses the BK discharge date as the 3 year date. Ive heard of some who use this. Might be a long shot but hoping i can find a lender who uses this.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: does anyone know a lender who will use the BK as the 3 year date instead of the foreclosure

I think that it is 2 years from discharge or 3 years from foreclosure for FHA...whichever occurs first. Some lenders will only make you wait 2 years from discharge if the house was included in BK.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 4
custombusa
Established Member

Re: does anyone know a lender who will use the BK as the 3 year date instead of the foreclosure

ok, thanks im going usda and im in michigan and im looking for a broker who will use my BK discharge date for the 3 year mark. I just wanna get this started as soon as possible before rates rise to much

Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Please check with a LO in your area. The bank wants to know what happened to your previous mortgage when they underwrite a new mortgage for you. The time frame is to show three years from the date the transfer occurs from you to the bank (or another party). There are some exceptions, like if you never were late on a payment and you short sold the property and were never late even during the short sale. 

Yes, the BK removes your liability to repay the loan personally (if you received a discharge).  But the new lender still has to track back to see what is the final resolution to the previous mortgage. For example, even though you "gave back" the property in BK, if you haven't yet had the f/c finalized, you are still responsible for any HOA fees on the property from the BK filing date forward until the property is foreclosed. You aren't responsible for past due HOA fees that were included in the BK filing. Just the fees that come due after the filing date.  Same with insurance and taxes until the bank takes the property back into their name or it transfers to a third party. Speak to a knowledgeable LO in your area.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.