New Visitor
debtfree2010

does leasing affect scores when applying for mortgage loan

Hello,
I just got married this past summer, We financed the wedding on my credit cards $30,000, plus I already had about $20,000 in debt. I have a very old car it' s still running fine but I'm nervous because it is almost 9yrs old. My husband thinks if i get a new car it will mess up our chances of buying a home in the next 2yrs.  We are working extra to  pay down the debt but I still need a car. my credit score is only 662, I was hoping that if i can get my score up to atleast 680 in the next 6months I might be able to lease.  Would this affect our getting a mortage for another home by 2009?
Thanks
Frequent Contributor
RGordon

Re: does leasing affect scores when applying for mortgage loan

I have always heard that you need at least a 680 or better to lease.
Super Contributor
ShanetheMortgageMan

debtfree2010 wrote:
Hello,
I just got married this past summer, We financed the wedding on my credit cards $30,000, plus I already had about $20,000 in debt. I have a very old car it' s still running fine but I'm nervous because it is almost 9yrs old. My husband thinks if i get a new car it will mess up our chances of buying a home in the next 2yrs.  We are working extra to  pay down the debt but I still need a car. my credit score is only 662, I was hoping that if i can get my score up to atleast 680 in the next 6months I might be able to lease.  Would this affect our getting a mortage for another home by 2009?
Thanks

It could mess things up if your debt ratio can't absorb the new payment for the amount of home you are looking to buy... after 4-6 months it shouldn't impact your score negatively anymore.
Established Contributor
CreditDrama85

you need stable income and not a lot of baddies. i have seen scores as low as 550 lease and i leased with a 625 fico

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}