cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does making fixed rate mortgage payments early help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: does making fixed rate mortgage payments early help?

Thanks Matt!

I think I understand now.  I could send all 12 of the year's payments in the first month and they would basically sit on 11 of them and apply one per month as the year goes along.  Unless I follow the steps to have 11 applied directly to principal in which case I stll have to make 11 more payments that year.  That's kinda disturbing.  I like how my car and student loan work better.. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 12
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: does making fixed rate mortgage payments early help?

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Matt!

I think I understand now.  I could send all 12 of the year's payments in the first month and they would basically sit on 11 of them and apply one per month as the year goes along.  Unless I follow the steps to have 11 applied directly to principal in which case I stll have to make 11 more payments that year.  That's kinda disturbing.  I like how my car and student loan work better.. Smiley Happy

On the other hand, car loans are not tax-deductible!

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.