Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dual agent issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: dual agent issue

in my situation, the seller and my agent working for the same company. My agent is not the seller agent, but they work for the same company. Isn't that the law that my agent not suppose to tell the seller my information?
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont want to terminate him if I dont have to, because he has been working with me for the last 2 weeks and I think he is good. but i dont know usually how much percent would you ask the seller to go down on the asking price of the house?

Thanks

That's something that the agent should be giving you advice on.  They can't say: The house is absolutely worth X and you shouldn't pay more than that.  But they can, and should give you their opinions on the value of the house, based on comps, the condition the property is in, etc.  If he's not doing that, then he's not doing his job, and it doesn't matter how nice he is.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
in my situation, the seller and my agent working for the same company. My agent is not the seller agent, but they work for the same company. Isn't that the law that my agent not suppose to tell the seller my information?

They can discuss exactly the same information that any other two agents would working for separate companies (i believe) nothing more. 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Realtors are not supposed to make offers for you or even give you strong opinions on the offers you come up with.  They are there to find you houses to look at, give you comp information on the houses in the area, and advise you on the legal matters invloving the property transaction.  It is a legal conflict of interst for a buyers agent to give you price advice because they are paid by % of the sale price.  Yes, they will usually tell you if a house is overpriced or an offer is too high if they feel that it will not be a closeable deal, but they are not really suppossed to help you determine the offer price you make.  that is the seller's job based upon what they are willing to pay for the house, the buyers asking price, and the ability to cloase a loan for the amount agreed upon.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.