Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equifax mortgage solutions hp? NFCU?

tag
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

equifax mortgage solutions hp? NFCU?

i just had a hp inquiry from them.  it popped up on my equifax monitoring. It said it was a TU inquiry.  I haven't applied for a mortgage,  but i was looking at NFCU mortgage on their website, started to fill it out,  but never completed it.  I never finished it and never submitted it.  How can they do a HP without me authorizing it?  I have to investigate it further today.  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: equifax mortgage solutions hp? NFCU?

That is who NFCU uses for mortgage pulls. I have heard of this happening to someone in these forums before. I am more shocked (as I had heard of this before) that it was just a single pull. I suspect it was a triple pull.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 2 of 9
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

There is absolutely a screen where you have to authorize that pull on the NFCU application, so if you didn't click ok then I would definitely be po'd about a pull. And it will show up on all 3 bureaus.

Message 3 of 9
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

it was a triple pull.   The thing is that i never completed it and submitted it.  Also it look like it pulled it twice on equifax.

Message 4 of 9
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

If I recall correctly the other poster was able to contact NFCU and have the pulls removed. Anyone else recall the post?
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 5 of 9
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

I just called them NFCU and the rep said they couldn't remove them,  What a crock?  Even if you start it and don't finish it,  he says the pulls stay......

Message 6 of 9
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Try a CSR supervisor if its not corrected FACEBOOK them they respond real fast..Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 9
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

I messaged them on their website too.  They told me the samething.  They said its on the second page about it they will pull all three cra's.  They can't do anything about it. They also don't have a record of a mortgage app for me either.  I think its a bunch of garbage.  They shouldn't pull them until you finish filling the app out and hit complete.  What happens if you are in the middle of it and your computer goes down?  You have to start all over and get another HP?    They kind of ticked me off with that attitude, so I went with another place,  and they approved me today for $165,000.

Message 8 of 9
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Congrats their loss not yours...Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.