Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fha denial?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: fha denial?

I think I agree with Dallas on this one... I feel that if the LO saw anything that would have possibly prevented you from getting the loan especially if you went through au and passed he should have verified all deposits with your bank instead of taking something to them that would have been noticable like NSF'sSmiley Sad
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My point was that he didnt notice them (they werent clearly marked at all on my document) and I didnt point them out, or else I am sure he would have gotten a VOD instead. My question is, if we try with lender #2 with a VOD instead of statements, will they see the reason for denial from lender #1? I think the reason was listed as 'financial responsibility'. My loan commitment contingency expires on Friday, or else I lose earnest. Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh I am supposed to close next Thursday (10 days!!) and uw #2 doesn't even have my file yet. I'm so stressed out. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in pa. I was just denied a ameriserve/va loan a few days before closing, due to several overdrafts on my bank statement. I didnt think it would be an issue, since i pay for overdraft protection. My credit score is 760 and dti is @25%. Do you think you could get me a loan?
Message 14 of 26
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Just my three cents.

I think any one in this situation is better off with a broker.

Brokers work much harder to get approvals compared to LO's working in a bank.

Any good LO or Broker should have seen the overdrafts. You shouldnt have to tell them. That is part of their job to go over your financial information.

With that being said I agree with Dallas.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 15 of 26
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@I live in pa. I was just denied a ameriserve/va loan a few days before closing, due to several overdrafts on my bank statement. I didnt think it would be an issue, since i pay for overdraft protection. My credit score is 760 and dti is @Anonymous%. Do you think you could get me a loan?

How many overdrafts did you have?

I had one (in 2 months) and wrote a Letter of Explanation and was told it shouldn't be a problem.

Message 16 of 26
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I think this is an UW call. If you get one in a bad mood, your homeless.

Message 17 of 26
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Pretty much we are all dependent on UW mood swings.

It happens in all walks of life.

Just remember while most UW's are paid a salary they isually have a bonus structure per file paid to them.

With that being said it is more beneficial for them to approve the loan versus denu the loan.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 18 of 26
cclee
Regular Contributor

This is just an "out of curiosity" question, but do they consider it "living above your means" if the over draft was covered by the savings account?  I use my savings linked to my checking for over draft protection, have not had to use it but you know, as soon as you apply.. 

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 19 of 26
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

I don't think it's so much a thing of living above your means thing, but more of a money management thing. It doesn't look good to the UW to rely on the bank to transfer money around, it would be better if you transfer the money yourself to cover a bill.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.