Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fha loan with fiance...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fha loan with fiance...

im planning an engagement.  over the next 18 months i plan to be married and a home owner!

my fiance and i have substantial saved up probably.  she is young.  she just bought her first car.  her only debt is her car loan... but she has no income...she is looking for a job but has just relied on her savings to get by.  she lives with her parents and that will remain for some time.

i personally have been pre approved for a loan with bank of america....we want both of our names on the mortgage.  however, how do we navigate the process?  do we jointly apply?  would her situation (credit, debt, income or lack of) impact the loan?  would i be able to just run the loan with my  credit and income and have her name "put" on the morgage?  she wants to split the down payment money as well....how would we navigate this??

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: fha loan with fiance...

BC she has no job ...it might cause a hiccup.  If you do the loan w/o her, you do a "quit claim" and put her on the title of the house.   Easy peasy.  That's what we're doing as I'm buying w/o DH bc of his child support b.s.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: fha loan with fiance...

We're doing our mortgage in my name only but putting the wife on the title.  It's no problem.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.