Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico score low due to very small debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fico score low due to very small debt

I am applying for a mortgage and I need a 740 fico for the best interest rate, butI got a big surprise that f my score is only 705 , even though I have excellent credit.  I found out it is from NCO finacial reporting that I have a medical bill of $37 thqt it says was closed on 5/09.  NCO never called or wrote me about this debt, so I never even knew I owed it.  Should I call the Dr office and see if they can do anyting if I pay them, or call NCO?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: fico score low due to very small debt

you could contact NCO and tell them that you were never notified of the debt and offer a PFD (pay for delete).  If they agree, get it in writing.  Or, you could go through the HIPPA process and pay it .get it removed.  Search the rebuilding credit forums for HIPPA procedures as there are specific steps for that.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they do send me a PFD letter, then what shoild I do with the letter,  in order to get my FICO higher?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

once you have the letter in writing, you pay the debt and keep calling them until they request it removed.  If they do not do it, then call the CR's and file disputes citing the letter.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a debt with NCO that was paid in full by the insurance company but sent to NCO by accident, and I just had to call and they erased it very quickly before I had a chance to send a letter.  Hope it's as easy for you
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.