Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

financing for acreage with home?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

financing for acreage with home?

Hoping someone can help with this. I found a manufactured home for sale on 27 acres for $159,000, priced below the appraisal done last month. Are there any lenders that finance this amount of land with a manufactured home? This seems to be an issue and I'm curious about how to go about the financing. It is currently set up as a horse farm if that makes any difference.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: financing for acreage with home?

The few lenders that I have seen that still do this type of loan require a minimum of 25% down. What age is the home?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: financing for acreage with home?

It is a '93 model that has been upgraded and very well kept. They said part of the problem with financing is that there aren't any comparables in the area so the bank cannot appraise it accurately. So even though the home meets FHA financing criteria, no one is willing to finance it. We don't have a big enough down payment to do any other type of loan unfortunately, we only have about 5% to put down.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.