Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first home loan ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

first home loan ?

I am preparing myself for my first home loan. My credit scores are good 750 and higher. I am a firefighter with the city of  Detroit since 8/2/04 and was layed off on 9/1/05 for 22 months. During those 22 months I was employed (unrelated field) by a property management company. I was called back 7/07. Is my job history going to hurt me?

Thanks for the help
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: first home loan ?

Since you were a firefighter before, and you are one now, I think the chances of an underwriter accepting your employment would be pretty good.  Each lender is going to have a different take on it, so I'd suggest you get pre-approved first.  If your loan amount exceeds FHA's loan limits for Wayne County (if you are buying in Detroit), which is $226,100, then you might find that lenders will require 5% down.. due to most of Michigan being in a declining market.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.