Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

for humor

tag
J_G
Regular Contributor

Re: for humor

I think $80 is high for a credit report wells Fargo charges $35 and from what I have read they are usually under $50. But if you really believe he saved you $ then it might be a good gesture on your part, but did he really save you all that $ and is it something he had to do and just told you He did or if the kindness of his heart? Is it something that any LO would have saved you? Now if you believe he really went out of his way for you I would give him the $ if it were me but that is for you to decide. How did he save you all that $ anyway?
7/1/13 - EQ = 593 TU = 578 EXP = 573 FICO
8/11/13 - EQ = 600 TU = 590 EXP = 603 FICO
10/1/13 - EQ = 611 TU = 689 EXP = 605 FICO
12/4/13 - EQ = 625 TU = 648 EXP = 604
Lender Pull 2/18/14 - EQ = 630 TU = 678 EXP = 594
Lender Pull 2/28/14 (EQ 640) (TU 660) (EX 655) Rapid re-score =)
9/30/14 - EQ = 660 TU = 710 EXP = 669
Message 11 of 18
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

he suggested a credit union that would refi my car....i went from a 20.54% interest rate down to a 4.9% 100% per his suggestion

Message 12 of 18
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

whats your opinion on this?

did the lo demand this via email?

forward that email to the cfpb

guys like this give us all a bad name

Retired Lender
Message 13 of 18
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

I understand where you are coming from EZ because you had an agreement for the fee and the buyer didn't pay the appraisal fee directly.

However, in this case it is a credit report fee and these fees are strictly limited now since the change with the GFE in 2010. Overall another $80 for a total of $130 credit report fee is high. But if the buyer feels some obligation to the lender for the lender doing his job, then that is a different issue. I just don't understand the LO not disclosing the fee up front except that it is not allowed by the VA. So, knowing this, the LO is coming from behind to collect it. It isn't right. Since the LO knows that the VA limits the fee he would have wrapped it up in his other fees from the get go, Now the LO wants it both ways - wrapped up in other fees and reimbursed again after closing.

I crafted my response based on not knowing for sure that the request for more money was made subsequent to the closing as you interpreted. The OP stated

".the day fo the closing the broker had called" ... could this mean before the closing?

Your points are very valid. I'm just having a hard time accepting that an LO today would violate VA's fee limit rules.

Message 14 of 18
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

he called around 1200...we closed @ 1715....how bad could this make him look if i reported him for it

Message 15 of 18
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Anonymous called around 1200...we closed @ 1715....how bad could this make him look if i reported him for it

My recommendation is to pay the LO or just say no. He did not break any law as far as I can see. Let it be.

Message 16 of 18
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Anonymous called around 1200...we closed @ 1715....how bad could this make him look if i reported him for it

My recommendation is to pay the LO or just say no. He did not break any law as far as I can see. Let it be.

planned on it...was just curious

Message 17 of 18
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Oops...I see you were notified at 12:00 and closed 5 hours later.  Technically if the LO was doing the right thing he would have had it on the HUD1.

Offically that would have been a problem for your closing because it would have been higher than the fee limits allowed.

But this is your decision. If you do have it in an email, Shane is right about notifying the CFPB - it is a violation. If you don't want to get him in trouble, than don't send anything to the CFPB.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.