Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forclosure and credit status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

forclosure and credit status

hello everyone, 

in my situation i had a home go through forclosure in 2008 and in my credit reports it shows the last activity was in 2009 but the status date shows march of 2014. what does the status date mean? i know it takes about 7 years for any negs to fall of history and was hoping it would soon since those years are coming up. my concern is the "timer" starts from the status date and not the last activity. could anyone shedsome light on this?  sorry if my explantion of my situation is horrible.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: forclosure and credit status

@Anonymous wrote:

hello everyone, 

in my situation i had a home go through forclosure in 2008 and in my credit reports it shows the last activity was in 2009 but the status date shows march of 2014. what does the status date mean? i know it takes about 7 years for any negs to fall of history and was hoping it would soon since those years are coming up. my concern is the "timer" starts from the status date and not the last activity. could anyone shedsome light on this?  sorry if my explantion of my situation is horrible.

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

The timer is from the DoFD (date of first delinquency) on the mortgage not the status date or date of last activity (DOLA).

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for the welcome. how do i find the DoFD?

Message 3 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you for the welcome. how do i find the DoFD?

If you look in the payment history it would be the 30 day late that leads to the account being COed, this is a typical history when one stops making payment on an account 30 60 90 120 150 CO (not all the bureaus post 150 I understand) but the result would be the same, the month/year where that 30 is that is the DoFD.

Message 4 of 10
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hello everyone, 

Are you considering applying for a mortgage? if yes, you can qualify for an FHA loan three years after a foreclosure ... assuming that you have established credit with 12 or more months of ontime payment history. Tell us more about you plans for credit use and then we may be able to offer some practical recommendations.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had a CHFA mortgage i cosigned for my sister in 2007 and she always made it seem like she was up to date with the payments and i was in the dark the whole time only relying on her words. i was in a different state and i came back to CT a year ago and to my suprise the house went thru forclosure and now i have a lawyer to try and fix what has happened. my lawyer is sending a letter to the attorney that represented us during the buying to get some paperwork. i have plans to buy a home with my significant other in about 2 or 3 years and i have to get this figured out. i have never been huge on keeping track of my credit until now. thank you for helping me out

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

im even thinking about using a company that offers to fix and\or remove neg factors off CR but i dont know how that works and im very hesitant throwing money at somehing i dont understand.

Message 7 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

im even thinking about using a company that offers to fix and\or remove neg factors off CR but i dont know how that works and im very hesitant throwing money at somehing i dont understand.

Do some research in the Rebuilding forum for your specific derogatories, even ask for help, before going down that road.  There's nothing they do that you can't, and you can usually do it much better; however, it does take some time.  

        
Message 8 of 10
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

I want to add a little info.  as stated the foreceloser will drop off the repeport at 7 years after first default BUT the clock for getting another mortgage begin from when the foreclosure was completed.  so the data when the deed was transfered.  I have a foreclosure in my past unforunately as well.  So in my case the dofd was October of 2009 (so it will fall off reports on 2016) BUT the deed did not change until June of 2010 which means the clock to attain another mortgage did not start until 6/10.  I did close on my home with FHA last November.  And will refinance into conventional (asumming rates don't go up and make it not financially sound) later this year/early next year when the foreclosure is over the 5 year mark.  (that is when the mortgage banker i have been and continue to work with can get me a conventional mortgage (5 years post).

Good luck

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you everyone for the info. it was very helpful. seems i have to wait another 2 years for it to get wiped off my credit. i originally thought i had a strict judgement but found out it the lender did not proceed with filing for one. for me that was great newsand now i can just count down until my credit clears up. my SO and i are planning to buy a home in the next 3 years so it all seems to be working out. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.