cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

foreclosure after BK7 and continued payments?

tag
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

foreclosure after BK7 and continued payments?

Curious if anyone has ever been threatened with foreclosure after filing a BK7, NOT reaffirming the mortgage and continuing to make on time payments.

This is what I'm potentially facing. I've paid early every month since my BK just shy of 2 years ago. Was on time prior to that as well.

Mortgage was recently sold to Ocwen a few months back and I've been early with them as well.

Anyone?
Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: foreclosure after BK7 and continued payments?

@grassfeeder wrote:
Curious if anyone has ever been threatened with foreclosure after filing a BK7, NOT reaffirming the mortgage and continuing to make on time payments.

This is what I'm potentially facing. I've paid early every month since my BK just shy of 2 years ago. Was on time prior to that as well.

Mortgage was recently sold to Ocwen a few months back and I've been early with them as well.

Anyone?

Ocwen is really a very difficult mortgage servicer. Ocwen is known to push people into f/c through various methods. I would do whatever you could do to make sure that you remain early in your payments and don't short them one penny. Keep a record of each and every payment.

If you can do so and only if it is worthwhile for you - consider refinancing to get away from Ocwen. If you can show that you are current on your payments and have been current even through the Bk and thereafter you should be able to refinance FHA once you hit the two year mark. Consider going to a credit union or a local community bank that way your loan servicing won't find it's way back to Ocwen. Make sure to ask the new lender if they service their own loans or not.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.