Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

foreclosure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

foreclosure

Can anyone tell me if you are foreclosed on how long do you have until you have to get out?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: foreclosure

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone tell me if you are foreclosed on how long do you have until you have to get out?

I think this will vary based on where you live, each state has their own laws/local regulations that determine how it works.......

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Klesko
Regular Contributor

Anywhere from 90 days to years.

Once you get the notice of the courthouse sale then you will know more. This normally doesnt happen until 180 days after your first late payment. If the house sells back to the bank then its completely up to the bank as to when to initiate eviction process and that varies based on state. If an investor buys the property then it will happen quicker.

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 3 of 6
techgirl
Frequent Contributor

We got out of our too early. I was afraid of our scores tanking and wanted to be somewhere else during that time. That could be good or bad. If you are out of the house anyone could vandelize it. Are you talking with the lender - have they asked for keys for money yet? What State do you live in?  Do you know that the Bush 2007 Act that was bumped to 2012 may be set not to bump up to another year? Have you researched everything?

If you stay, you should use your money and pay down your debt - we didn't do that because I didn't feel comfortable there anymore. Looking back it would have been smart to pay down the debt instead of renting elsewhere. I would never want to go through it again.... the house we are buying is forever - retirement home - that is why we had it built - I was tired of getting everyone else's problems....

I think they put papers on the house when you are close. You then have to wait 3 years from the Sales date which could take years in some cases.

Good luck.

05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Message 4 of 6
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

It took Bank of AmericA 1 year to foreclose on our house and even though the trustee sent us a certified notice of court house sale on may 30. I notice the trustees website they have a auction date on june 6 now and they had a auction date on may 30 when i looked at it the day before the auction day.. So they still havent officially foreclosure yet. So I dont know what happen yet. But we moved to a different state . So it just depends on the state ,which we were in missouri and probably the lender too.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Foreclosure on my house in was done on 2009 but bank just did auction in April 12. Now I cant apply for a FHA loan until three years from now. Does anyone have leads for other home loans that would approve me with a foreclosure that was just done in 2012?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.