cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frustrated -can I get my scores up in time before the tax credit ends? - LO assitance requested

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: frustrated -can I get my scores up in time before the tax credit ends? - LO assitance requested

rmg,

thx-  i was not aware of that.  I guess that $15k will be an interest free, graduated payback loan?

Message 11 of 17
rockymtngrl
Frequent Contributor

Re: frustrated -can I get my scores up in time before the tax credit ends? - LO assitance requested

The way its been dicussed it would be a non-refundable tax credit that can be spread out over 2 years. Meaning you can use the credit to offset any federal taxes that you owe but you would not be eligible to receieve any of it back in the form of cash.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

One medical collection for $165. 

I have no rent/utils (living at parents until the wedding), only other bills are cell & insurance. My gross income is $3200.

Check out the HIPAA process for the medical collection.  Good luck!

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Count me amongst those who are crossing my fingers hoping the current 1st time home buyer credit is extended.  I can't really see the proposed 15K credit getting approved...but you never know.  I just hope if it should be passed that it doesn't end the current refundable 8K credit.

MzMarple

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

isisblue wrote:

VA loan

has anyone tried to get a loan through vystar?

I don't think USDA can be gotten bc the area in FL we are looking at is not eligible (Orange Park)

thanks in advance

Isisblue,

I am also interested in applying for a VA mortgage with Vystar.  Please keep the board posted with your quest and how Vystar treats you.

Thanks,

MzMarple

Message 15 of 17
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

VA loan

It's getting closer to wedding day (10-31) and my scores are still crappy.  Oct 2008, I was $11k in cc debt.

I'm down to 1 CC left to pay off $1500.

Student loan $30k, never late.

Car paid off 10-08, never late

I've had lates on my cc's due to being unemployed twice (March 08-June 08) then August 08-Oct 08) last year. GWs are being written, but denied every time.

The Aug-Oct lates are going to stand in your way, as well as the low scores.Do anything you can to get the Aug-Oct 08 lates removed.

I went from being a contactor 10-08 to perm 04-09.

I've been in IT field since 2000 however.

Transunion 583

Equifax (my fico says 533, BUT equifax says 552) *scores have not updated since I literally just paid off a cc)

Is this an actual EX score, or an EX program that watches your scores? I am guessing it is a scorewatch program, and therefore a FAKO score. MyFico is the correct score.

One medical collection for $165. As stated above, use the HIPPAA process and get rid of this.

I have no rent/utils (living at parents until the wedding), only other bills are cell & insurance. My gross income is $3200.

My fiance's much better off than I am, scores in the 700s, gross is $3400. never late, steady employment.

I have bank accts with Vystar credit union and Navy Fed

I really want to go the VA route as any $ we have saved in the bank is going towards the wedding. Of course, once this last card is paid off, my income goes right into our savings, so if *I* can't get a loan, at least we'd have the 3.5% for FHA.  

I'm afraid to ask BofA as I used to bank with them a few years ago, and was irresponsilbe with the bank account and it got closed.

has anyone tried to get a loan through vystar?

I don't think USDA can be gotten bc the area in FL we are looking at is not eligible (Orange Park)

thanks in advance

Also...paying off that last CC will help boost your score. I wish you lots of luck with getting these things solved.

Message Edited by WannaHouse on 07-18-2009 07:49 PM

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's from the equifax site itself.

myfico still has yet to update it to that #.

Working on the med collection  using HIPPAA now.

Thanks so much for your help! 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.