Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting dispute comments removed from reports

tag
mec84
New Contributor

getting dispute comments removed from reports

Does anyone have good contact information for Equifax, Experian and Transunion to remove dispute comments?  I am in the process of applying for my home loan and need those comments gone.  How easy or hard are they to remove? thanks a million in advance

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
alsobob
Established Member

Re: getting dispute comments removed from reports

Hello friend,

Getting a dispute removed can be really easy, or next to impossible depending on the CSR you get and which company you call.  The big thing is, how long ago did you file the disputes?  If your Experian report says for example that "customer disputes this item" and it's been more than 30 days, just call them at 1-800-360-7580 to talk to them and they'll be happy to remove the comments.  TU and EQ are much harder to remove, but again if the items are more than 30 days old, then most times if you call them and say you no longer dispute account xxx, they'll remove the line items.

Good luck with everything, I just go through my own credit oddyssey and I'm exhausted.  

Hang in there though and never give up.  

Message 2 of 11
mec84
New Contributor

now how do i know how old these disputes are?  i had been working with a "credit repair Company" and i dont knwo when she put them on there?  ugh this is so frustrating... i am about to give up and keep renting for ever.....

Message 3 of 11
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

http://dallasloanguy.com/how-to-remove-disputes-from-your-credit-report/

I followed his instructions and it worked great!

Message 4 of 11
mec84
New Contributor

Thank you so much... i am soo much closer to buying my house... thanks

Message 5 of 11
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Im having such a hard time with Eq....  those comments been on there since last year n now i have to w8 30 more days to have them removed. So frustrating

Message 6 of 11
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

A rapid rescore is the fastest way to go.

Message 7 of 11
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

@tooleman694 wrote:

A rapid rescore is the fastest way to go.

How can i get one of those?

Message 8 of 11
dmbtay
Regular Contributor

we just went through this.  I had a dispute from 4 years ago, on an AES student loan account.  Apparently they leave the dispute open regardless of outcome.  I had to call and escalate up two chains of management at AES to expedite cancellation of the dispute, fax me a letter confirming the agreement to cancel which i then sent to the LP, then waited a few days to send the official cancellation notice from AES and then still had to wait for bank to work with the CRAs to get the dispute deleted (vs. waiting 30 days)

Message 9 of 11
jam1118

Equifax is Annoying. I had 3 accounts with comments "consumer disputes". I followed the equifax process correctely (faxing them info from myself and the lender, acknowleding the accounts), and still no results. After speaking to a dispute rep, they didn't have anything on file. And she informed me that she would open another investigation. I asked to speak to the supervisor, after informing her that the company and I agree with the account and the information was sent a month ago. I was still given the "run-a-round". When the supervisor knew that I was not going to get off the phone until I was given results, out the blue she found the information from the company. But she was unable to remove it because another investigation was in progress. She informed me that if an investigation was in progress, it could not be stopped. At this point I was frustrated, I told her that does not make sense; and ask'd her to place a stop code on the dispute. She still protested, I ask'd to speak to the manager of the supervisor. She placed me on hold for approximately 10 minutes. And when she returned she said that so-and-so will remove the disputes in. And in 24 hours I should see results. If you disputed it, you can remove, persistence is the key. I was on the phone with equifax for an hour an  a half. I wil update when I confirm its removed.

P.S. what ever, other, option they give you. Refuse it, if you go far enough up the chain, you will get your results

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.