Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hard money lender

tag
stengiz
Regular Contributor

hard money lender

i bought a home thru a hard money lender, one condition was it had to be a rental property , i couldn't live there. even though i had good amount of down payment i couldnt use a traditional lender cause my scores were low. what are my chances of refinancing this loan thru my credit union? it has already been a year.loan amount is 50000

last app July 13 2016
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: hard money lender

Have you increased your score and fixed whatever issue prevented you from a traditional loan in the beginning?

What is the current market value?

Message 2 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

If your credit union won't do it. Check into small regional lenders in your area. They usually have portfolio loans. The good thing is this: they won't sell off the loan, it stays 'in house' and they like low LTV loans assuming you have lots of equity.

It is harder today to find hard money lenders that will do primary residences at all ....lately most of the private lenders want the property to be an investment property rather than a primary residence. That is why I am suggesting a portfolio lender in your area.

Message 3 of 4
meehan22
Frequent Contributor

Out of curiosity was the investment property a single family house or larger like a duplex or triplex? 
How much is your payment on the 50k and interest rate? 

Wallet: Chase $6,000 - Discover $1,500 - Walmart $2,200 - Voyage FCU $1,300 - Zales $2,300 - Elan Fin: $12,500(AU, reporting) - Chase $8,500 (AU, reporting) 1% UTL
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.