Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heart felt appreciation

tag
Snappy2012
Established Member

heart felt appreciation

march of 2013 i got my score at this site and knowing it was going to be low i was blown away at how low(491). I spent countless hours after work, nights and weekends reading any and all questions and answers under credit rebuilding and made a plan. I havent asked a lot of questions but when i did you answered, thank you. My wife didnt understand exactly what and why i was spending so much time on this site. After a few months I showed her this site and explained what journey I was ready to embark on.  i made a few mistakes here and there, got a little crazy with apping but pulled in the reigns and stayed focus, read more and thank you soooooo much to all of you that contribute and those who are not afraid to ask your questions. I received my pre approval for 175000.00 home for my family today and it has been bittersweet. I deal with automechanics everyday and some need me to finance them and their app gets declined. I forward this site to them and encourage them to just read and become part of this community. IT WORKS.  after many years of renting, asking family for $ help, and being embarassed when asked to fly to family and rent a car(never had a cc) I can be proud of myself and look forward to reading other's success stories.  to those starting out remember, its never too late!!!!  what a day  I am not done, but i made a goal to get a house within a year. now for the next goal.  again, thank you to all.

Starting Score:491
Current Score:656 It's Never Too Late!!"
Goal Score:700
> 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
adrenalinern
Established Member

Re: heart felt appreciation

So nice to hear your story. A heartfelt congrats to you and your family. May you enjoy your home and build many happy memories.
Message 2 of 7
DWill02
Established Member

Congratulations, I know you are so grateful. I am truly praying that God lets me get approved. I have been working since April to get my score raised. When I pulled my credit score it was a 623 but a loan officer pulled my info and said it was in the 560s. I got 5 derog accounts deleted, got me a secured credit card. And when I pull my score now its showing a 568. I really hope my score will go up since I got these negatives deleted. I had learned a while ago that getting things deleted can affect your scores in the beginning, but then eventually your score should raise. I am single parent and I just want to get approved for a nice home for my daughter and I. She has become obsessed looking at homes, and pretty much know the lingo, its soo cute and she's 11. I said she's my little realtor!! Again it is really a blessing to see where you started at and now where you are! Keep up the great work very encouraging!

Starting Score TU EQ EX 626
Current Score TU EQ EX 573 (4/22/14)
(10/12/15)TU 653 EQ 642
Goal 750 all 3

Texas Trust Credit Union Secured MC Cd $300 limit
Capital One unsecured $500
Credit One unsecured $600
Victoria Secret $250
Message 3 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

congrats

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 7
Snappy2012
Established Member

score will go up, stay with it. its hard to not check everyday but when you do the right things it will go up on its own and adding positive items only gets the snowball growing. best of luck to you and your daughter.

Starting Score:491
Current Score:656 It's Never Too Late!!"
Goal Score:700
> 850

Message 5 of 7
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!! Let us know what happens with your home search and keep us updated.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Message 6 of 7
TrishaB
Established Member

Congratulations Snappy2012. I can relate to your story. I pulled mine in Nov of 2013 and it was sooooooo low. I knew it was bad, but at that time I didn't know a single thing about credit scores, and I didn't even know what was on my report. I had that 'head in the sand' attitude and didn't want to know how bad it was. I was afraid. I was always embarassed and figured I'd live the rest of my days out paying cash for everything. I was always on pins and needles worrying about what I would do if an emergency came along as I had no credit cards. Now, not even a year later I'm sitting at a 648. I owe it to these boards and it's members & contributors. At first I would just read about how to clean it up, then I started reading about how and what credit cards to get, now that I have a number of decent credit cards, then I started reading about auto refinance, now that I have a decent auto loan interest rate (can you believe I used to pay 18% interest for 3.5 years???), I'm now looking at the possibility of buying a home. Thinking of it almost makes me cry. From where I was to where I am, I still can't believe it...pinch me someone!

Reading your story is so inspiring. Keep up the good work & thank you for sharing Smiley Happy

STARTING SCORE: FICO EQ SW NOV/13 469, FICO EQ SW JUN/14 648
CURRENT SCORE: FICO 3 monitoring OCT/14 EQ 663 / EX 692 / TU 725
GOAL SCORE: 750 all three
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.