Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help w mort loan

tag
ANIMALLOVERX3
New Visitor

help w mort loan

How do I get my mortgage lender to help me.  I know I don't make enough money to continue to pay my mortgage since my husband has been laid off from his regular job for almost a year.  He is working but at less than half and sl above unemployement rate. None of the programs set in place will help us. I have called everyone I can think of.  I have good credit for right now,  I have applied for MAP through lender, no help I don't qualify because I pay my bills (barley).  I know we will be able to afford the house once he goes back to work through the union,  But he is in construction r/t field.so whenever that is
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: help w mort loan

ANIMALLOVERX3 wrote:
How do I get my mortgage lender to help me.  I know I don't make enough money to continue to pay my mortgage since my husband has been laid off from his regular job for almost a year.  He is working but at less than half and sl above unemployement rate. None of the programs set in place will help us. I have called everyone I can think of.  I have good credit for right now,  I have applied for MAP through lender, no help I don't qualify because I pay my bills (barley).  I know we will be able to afford the house once he goes back to work through the union,  But he is in construction r/t field.so whenever that is

Who is your lender?

MAP - are you referring to the recently-announced Home Affordable Refinance or Home Affordable Modification plans?

Paying your bills on time does not disqualify you for consideration for a refinance or modification through these government programs.  Because you have had a change in financial circumstances that makes your current mortgage difficult to afford, you may qualify.

However, there is more to eligibility than an inability to pay the mortgage.  If you have applied for relief and have been denied, then you try to find out the reason(s) for denial.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.