Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home improvemt loan with little or no equity question

tag
tbrooks
Valued Member

home improvemt loan with little or no equity question

i have been in my home for over 1 year now. i got a rural loan and bought a 250k house with no money down, and spent 30k remodeling the kitchen, trim, floors, appliances etc etc. 

i want to do an addition with a new deck, and possible pool. doing all the work myself, using my dad and brother(contractors) and a pool installer, im looking at 60k finished. instead of doing each project over the next 5 years, i would like to borrow the money and get it done within the next 6 months.

is their a loan available to me with little equity that would allow me to borrow that much money upfront. i have scores in the low 700's and no inquiries or negatives, have owned my house for over a year now. and at this time put 200-400 a week into a savings account( which i constantly use to work on my homem but can let build up for several months before applying for any loans.

thanks

TU-DEC-2010-697
EQ-DEC-2010-684
EX-DEC-2010-707

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: home improvemt loan with little or no equity question

Have you looked into getting something like a Lowes project card?  Also, a lot of pool companies will offer in house financing.... 

I would look at that route, because doing a home improvement loan with almost no equity is going to be difficult.   Unless you think that your new home will appraise in the 320k range, I don't see you being able to get a home improvement loan secured by the house.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.