Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home inspection

tag
witchypoo
Valued Member

home inspection

Hello all,

I just had an offer on a HUD home accepted, and am very nervous about the house.  It's listed as a 3 bedroom, but the more I think about it, the more I think the old owner may have added or removed walls.  All 3 rooms are very, very small and one doesn't have a true closet, although the realtor said it counted as a room.  Although HUD has their own inspection, they still recommend people get their own.  I know for a fact that once I get into the home, I'll have to knock down a wall to make the two smaller bedrooms one as the way they are now, I would barely be able to get a twin bed and one nightstand in them.  The master is extremely small too and the garage looks big, i' wondering if they took space away from the master to make a bigger garage.

My question is if once I get my inspection, and the inspector says walls were rearranged, can I back out of the deal?  the more I think about it, the more I don't believe it's the original floor plan.  The home is in the Sacramento, CA area.

THANKS!  

Starting Score: 638
Current Score: 638
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: home inspection

Not sure that you could walk away based on that since you were aware of the layout prior to placing an offer.  Now if there is a structural issue that is another deal.

Message 2 of 4
witchypoo
Valued Member

Actually, just meant with my realtor this morning.  He said once I have the inspection, you can basically walk away for any reason that you don't feel comfortable with.

Starting Score: 638
Current Score: 638
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Yup, in California you have an inspection contingency, pretty much giving you any reason to back out of the transaction based on a review of the home.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.