Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

home loan

my credit score is 610 and my fico score is 520 is there any hope of getting a home loan i have a nice sized down payment

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: home loan

@Anonymous wrote:

my credit score is 610 and my fico score is 520 is there any hope of getting a home loan i have a nice sized down payment

There are many factors in qualifying for a home. Take a look at this thread and provide us with a little more information about your situation, and we would be happy to help: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Do-I-qualify-for-a-mortgage-Info-that-is-needed/td-p/381846

Also, have you pulled your actual mortgage scores?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get a 3B report recently? 

Message 3 of 4
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

OP,

It's great that you are looking to purchase a home, but with a 520 myfico score (regardless of the version), I recommend working on increasing your credit score.  Do you know what's dragging your scores down?  It would be very beneficial for you spend some time in the Rebuilding forum to find out how to clean up your credit report and raise your scores.

I hope i'm not coming off as insensitive...but, I feel there's a lot to be said for making the effort to understand your credit report and and doing the work to repair it.

Good Luck!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.