Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home mortgage and altermative credit?

tag
countryjoanie
Established Member

home mortgage and altermative credit?

Ok i have talked to loan officer and he wants to use two forms of alternitive credit-my bill history.he pulled my credit myfico 697 equifax 647 but my credit history is not long enough so he wants on time bill history of two years.i told him i could use my dish network and my car insurance bill history.but i read now that they like to see electric bills that worries me cause i was behind on that at one point.anyone got approved using other bills besides electric?he wants to try for n fha loan.my income is 28,000 and the house is 80,600 what do you guys think?i have 4,000 to put down
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: home mortgage and altermative credit?

Hi!  Welcome to the MyFICO Community Forums!!

I see that you are looking at the possibility of a mortgage in the future...   since that is the case, I highly recommend that you check out the MyFico Mortgage Loan forum.

Below is a short list of helpful mortgage loan related links that may help you prepare for the process:

Guide to Common Abbreviations - Barry

Mortgage Acronyms & Abbreviations (what does PITI mean?) - ShanetheMortgageMan

Good Faith Estimates Explained - ShanetheMortgageMan

The Mortgage Pre-Approval Process - ShanetheMortgageMan

Evaluating Conventional vs. FHA (VA & USDA)- ShanetheMortgageMan

Definately feel free to post any questions you have about DTI and Pre-Approval Odds over there!  In addition, you may qualify for downpayment assistance as well as other programs to help you get into a new home!

Rental history, utility bills, phone bills...  all are fine.

I'm not sure that the utility bill is required, so you should be fine.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 3
countryjoanie
Established Member

Re: home mortgage and altermative credit?

Any other ideas?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.