Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how will selling my house affect my credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how will selling my house affect my credit score

I am in a sitaution where I relocated for a job and was unable to sell my house prior to moving.  I was able to get renter in who are working on buying, but in the mean time I needed to take out a small loan and purchased a mobile home to be able to live in with my family until our home sold.  We are wanting to move into our permanent home as soon as possible.  After pulling my FICO score I was only at a 608,610, and 629.  I was hoping that it would be higher but when using the simulators if I pay down my credit cards my score jumps a bit.  My debt to income is fine and I would actually make enough money to keep paying for my mortgage on previous home, trailer, and a new home if my credit was there.  I am wondering how selling my previous home will impact my credit score.  Should I push this as a priority to get my score up there or is paying down credit card balances going to be the most impactful?  Just not sure how hard to push renters at the risk of having an empty house sitting several states away....

1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: how will selling my house affect my credit score

No question about it, paying down your credit cards is a faster better way to increased scores.  

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.