Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interest rate//? what stage - 10% down

tag
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

interest rate//? what stage - 10% down

At what stage do you know the interest rate

my wife and I are first time home buyers. We just got the preapproval for our mortgage and will start looking at houses

but how do I know interest rate, or is it too early

our scores are ( Lender Pull of course)

TU 790, 744

EQ 744, 732

EX 750, 742

Also, can you get conventional with 10% down

our perapproval letter states so?!!!

Thanks everyone

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jinca
Established Member

Re: interest rate//? what stage - 10% down

I was giving a ball park rate from day one. Yesterday we recieved the "lock" on our rate, a week before close. 

We looked at a 10% conventional for house other than the one we are in contract on, so they are out there. 

Message 2 of 6
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Yes.  You also can get a 3% conventional loan.  Not sure what banks may offer it, but some credit unions do.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 6
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

With those scores you will get the best rates.

Message 4 of 6
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

Thank you everyone for your input The preapproval is from a company here in NY Ok, quick question What if my wife and I dont fin the house we are looking for ? How long is the preapproval letter valid for before credit files have to reviewed I just don't want to rush

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, your mortgage preofessional should have told you. Second, why are you not asking him/her?

Pre-Approval letters should have an expiration date on it. If they don't then it is not a "Pre-Approval" letter. It is only a "Pre-Qualification" letter. The difference is the Pre-Approval letter has been review by an underwriter and the documentation you provided has a shelf life. The piece(s) that usually has the shortest shelf life are your bank statements and pay stubs, every 30 days. Your credit report is good for 90 days.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.