Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is my rate good?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

is my rate good?

my broker offers me 4.625%, no point, refinance, 70%LTV, 800 scores. Is this rate good ?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: is my rate good?

I see rates as low as 4.4 on a fixed 30 year... so your pretty close to that

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks. now I don't know should I go for it or not....my current rate is 5.625%....I'll save $210 after a one point drop but the closing fee would be $3000.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks. now I don't know should I go for it or not....my current rate is 5.625%....I'll save $210 after a one point drop but the closing fee would be $3000.

Rates have gone up alittle.  Unless you plan on selling soon, you;ll get the 3000 back in 15 months

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it's not good rate with LTV 70% and 800 score

Our case with 800's score the rate 4.25% but now we have a problem beacause LTV is more than 80% therefore; we need to talk to LO about our poor apppraisal report or we have to pay from our pocket to LTV 80% in order to get that rate 4.25%.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

4.25 no point? very nice rate

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO point and all settlement/closing fees $2000.00 refi 614K. BUT right now my LO has asked appraiser to review his report and update/correct some missing date. We hope it'll go up 20 or 30K so that we don't have to pay more from our pocket. We have 3 cars garage but he put only 2, LO said may be goes up 10K with another car garage. etc.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

NO point and all settlement/closing fees $2000.00 refi 614K. BUT right now my LO has asked appraiser to review his report and update/correct some missing date. We hope it'll go up 20 or 30K so that we don't have to pay more from our pocket. We have 3 cars garage but he put only 2, LO said may be goes up 10K with another car garage. etc.

yeah I read your story on the other thread. The appraiser is ridiculous by using such an old comps and wrong info.

614K you're in a jumbo loan. What's your current rate?

Message 8 of 11
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

4.625% is high

Retired Lender
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

We just refi last year with 4.625% for 30 yrs fix. It's not a jumbo loan. We decided to go with 15yr 3.75% instead of 30yr 4.25%

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.