Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

judgment against me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

judgment against me

looking to get first mortgage but i have a judgment against me for a car repo in 2004 never was served to my knowledge can i fight this will it prevent me from getting a loan my scores are tu 705 ex 660 eq 630

also i dont use a bank for savings i get money direct deposited then i take it out cause i would rather burry it will that hurt me

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: judgment against me

If it is a FHA or USDA loan then you will need to get the judgment paid or removed before they issue the mortgage regardless of your score. They may pre-approve you and give you that 30 days before closing to settle it, they may also allow you to settle it at closing, but it needs to be settled.

For a conventional loan I would assume the same applies. 

Message 2 of 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: judgment against me

yep make it go away or no loan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.