Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

judgments that fall off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

judgments that fall off

I recently took a look at my credit score and I no longer see the judgments on my credit report. I know that the judgment were due to fall of this year. I'm guessing they have officially been removed. I still see the bad credit on my credit report but no longer under public records. What is my next step ? Can I have this debt completely remove of all records on my credit report?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: judgments that fall off

Spin around 1 time for each of your judgements that was/were removed. Then, click your heels together 3 times and whisper judgementus removicus. There! Done!

Message 2 of 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: judgments that fall off

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently took a look at my credit score and I no longer see the judgments on my credit report. I know that the judgment were due to fall of this year. I'm guessing they have officially been removed. I still see the bad credit on my credit report but no longer under public records. What is my next step ? Can I have this debt completely remove of all records on my credit report?

Your next step is to pull your own public records.  Were the judgments paid?  If so, you should see a recorded Satisfaction of Judgment. If not, then you won't see the recorded Satisfaction. If you know its paid but the judgment lien holder didn't record the Satisfaction, get in touch with them and make them do it.  

Lenders pull your actual public records to see your judgments. It doesn't mattter if they fall off the CR. What matters is if they are paid or not. If unpaid, it could (potentially) attach to the property you are buying when you close.  Read the link below for more info.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/what-is-judgment-lien.html

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.